About RSA Protea SimSports
Founded together by Gert James and Jason Holden-Jones in August 2016, RSA Protea SimSports is a simulation racing team consisting of the most dedicated, and competitive, drivers at Sim Race South Africa.
While the young team is currently in it’s building phase, and proudly displays the South African flag, the team’s ultimate goal is to consistently win the major world championships across the simulation racing spectrum. These include but are not limited to:
- The Virtual Endurance Championship (VEC); the official rfactor 2 league, based on the World Endurance Championship (WEC), hosted by SimRacing.Club.
- The Formula Sim Racing World Championship (FSR); the Formula 1 based rfactor 2 league hosted by Formula-SimRacing.Net.
- The iRacing Blancpain GT Series, the official Blancpain GT Series league hosted on the iRacing service.
- The iRacing World Championship Grand Prix Series (iWCGPS), the Formula 1 based league hosted on the iRacing Service
Currently the team consists of 11 drivers:
- Basheer Jadwat (SA simGT Series Champion)
- Boyd Bryson (SA simGT Series Champion)
- Brent Lindsay-Rae
- Chris Heyneke
- Gerrit Crafford
- Gert James (SA simGT Series Champion, VEC GTE Captain)
- Jason Holden-Jones (VEC Prototype Captain)
- Lance Garassino
- Ross Bartle
- Wayne Wortley (iRacing Captain)
RSA Protea SimSports has already taken on its first endeavor into the international sim racing endurance scene, by the GTE (#70 Corvette) class in the VEC.
To develop the all South African team further, and with plans to expand to a number of competitions; the team welcomes you to state your interest in contributing to the outfit, however big or small, by submitting the form at the bottom of this page.
RSA Protea SimSports Team Application:
*Proven season performances (speed, consistency, completion of races and championships) during Sim Race SA sanctioned events, club races through to the SA simGT Series, will aid you in a successful application.